We reserve the right to amend the provisions of our policy to ensure compliance of our statutory legal requirements. We strongly urge you to review our policy on a regular basis so that you can understand how your personal information will be used.
“Personal information” means information that specifically identifies a person (e.g. name, address, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, email address) and information about that person or his/her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. “Statistical” information is not included in personal information.
How we collect Personal Information
Your Personal Information is collected in many ways when you visit our website, attend our Events or Interact with a Representative of the campaign via employees, volunteers, members or contracted agents. This information is voluntarily supplied by you when you:
- become a member or supporter of Yes for Compassion and interact with us. This is when you make a donation, sign up as a member, volunteer or supporter, complete forms, attend our Events and/or
- when you voluntarily Interact in Forums or Events – even if you have no formal association with Yes for Compassion.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you confirmations, updates, emails, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our website;
- send you newsletters to keep you informed about issues, events, resources, and services;
- provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, members, donations and support for ACT and its candidates;
- respond to your emails, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service.
By providing your personal information voluntarily you agree to receive updates from Yes for Compassion via its elected representative. You can opt out of regular updates from us by either unsubscribing on the content you receive digitally or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not share or disclose your Personal Information except as described within this policy or disclosed on our website unless outlined below:
to comply with relevant laws, legal processes, lawful requests, claims or legal authorities;
when working with vendors, consultants, service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work;
when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yes for Compassion, our members, supporters, volunteers, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our website.
Forums (including Social Media)
You understand that when you are in voluntary conversation with a Representative of Yes for Compassion that we may record information that enables us to follow up with you, and/or note your affinity to our cause and desire for future Interaction.
You understand that when you use the sites, information you post in your profile, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of the sites, as well as any information you share with individuals through the sites or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information. In some cases, there may be privacy settings available regarding the information available to others, and we suggest you take time to familiarise yourself with these options and utilise these settings.
Links to Other Websites
Protecting your Information Online
We endeavour to take all reasonable measures in our power to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, and other misuse. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be fully guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
To protect the confidentiality of personal information on all Online Forums and Websites, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for the use of our website by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused in our Websites or Forums by emailing email@example.com
Unsubscribing or Opting Out
You may “opt out” of receiving emails and newsletters by following the instructions in the message, or email. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our sites, to confirm the accuracy of the information we hold about you, or use information as otherwise described in this policy, even if you opt out of receiving emails and newsletters.
Changes to information in your account does not affect information provided to others as set out in this policy, including in connection with donations.
Pursuant to Part 2 of the Privacy Act 1993, 12 principles apply:
Purpose of collection of personal information;
- Source of personal information;
- Collection of information from subject;
- Manner of collection of personal information;
- Storage and security of personal information;
- Access to personal information;
- Correction of personal information;
- Accuracy, etc, of personal information to be checked before use;
- Agency not to keep personal information for longer than necessary;
- Limits on use of personal information;
- Limits on disclosure of personal information;
- Unique identifiers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.